DSR 1 Subsonic
The DSR 1 Subsonic has the following features:
- Design with both primary and secondary expansion chambers including special inserts. Muzzle blast pressure waves are effectively
- Free floating barrel. The suppressor does not touch the barrel at all, instead it is attached to the chassis. Resting
the rifle on the suppressor does not affect the point of impact.
- No additional masses on barrel. Suppressor does not affect barrel vibrations and accuracy.
- The gas is deflected from the bullet path. No reflection waves hit the bullet. No stimulation of bullet oscillation.
- Primary expansion chamber which is integrated into the space around the barrel.
- Secondary expansion chamber underneath the suppressor tube increases the volume, and delays the exhaust gas.
- One-piece (monolithic) insert in suppressor tube to simplify disassembly and cleaning.
- Integrated design. Disassembly and reassembly have no influence on point of impact.
The DSR 1 Subsonic is adjusted to use the subsonic type of ammunition in calibre 7,62mm x 51 / .308 Win. Barrel length
is 310 mm. The 8 inch twist rate of the barrel is especially adapted to stabilize the heavy projectiles of subsonic ammunition.
This ammunition has the same dimensions as standard ammunition of the same calibre. The propellant charge is reduced
to keep the bullet velocity (app. 320 m/s) below the speed of sound (340 m/s). This avoids the super sonic crack of standard
ammunition. No type of suppressor can reduce the super sonic crack of a bullet flying at super sonic speed.